Jury meet of The Aces of Space Design Awards 2019 takes place at The St.Regis Hotel, Mumbai
The most-awaited design awards gathers momentum as the countdown to celebration night begins after the evaluation by 22 jurors of 22 different categories containing over 1,400 nominations in all
The jury meet for the Aces of Space Design Awards was all about intense discussions, dialogue between the designers and some fun breaks in between the evaluation. The event took place at the prestigious St.Regis Hotel which was graced with the presence of the most famous names from the architecture and design fraternity.
The proceedings kick started with ITP Media India's group publishing director Bibhor Srivastava giving a warm welcome to the jurors and hailing the revitalisation of the Aces of Space Design Awards by Architect and Interiors magazine. Then Indrajeet Saoji (director) and Maria Louis (editor) briefed the jury about the tremendous volume of nominations received and the response generated from different parts of the country.
The jurors were divided into 5 sub-groups and the specific nomination categories were judged by them according to the guidelines laid down (Originality, Visual Appeal, Craftsmanship, Function, Sustainability, Visionary thinking and Fulfilment of the client brief/projects) by the masters in the field.
There were 10 sub categories in both Architecture and Interior Design and some special awards for the Student Thesis and Best National Young Designer. The diversity and good quality of work by the nominees generated serious discussions amongst the jurors and made it very difficult for them to arrive at a consensus.
The jury meet turned out to be an enthusiastic and enlightening interaction between the architects, designers and our partners; and gave them an opportunity to collaborate under one roof. The jurors remarked that they were very happy with the good work being done in the country and wished great success to the upcoming designers.
The Grand Jury
- Prem Nath, principal architect, Prem Nath & Associates
- Jimmy Mistry, principal designer & MD, Della Group
- Sanjay Puri, principal architect, Sanjay Puri Architects
- Nuru Karim, founder & principal, Nudes
- Alan Abraham, architect, Abraham John Architects
- Shabnam Gupta, principal designer, The Orange Lane & founder, Peacock Life
- Sumessh Menon, founder & design director, Sumessh Menon Associates
- Nilabh Nagar, senior associate, Architect Hafeez Contractor
- Kalhan Mattoo, founder, Planet 3 Studios & OOK International
- Seema Puri Mullan, principal architect & partner, SEZA
- Aakif Habib, managing partner, Atelier Habib
- Prashant Sutaria, principal architect,Prashant Sutaria Architect
- Rajiv Parekh, founding partner, Red Architects
- Karl Wadia, senior associate, Architect Hafeez Contractor
- Yatin Patel, founder director, DSP Design Associates
- Sonal Sancheti, co-founder, Opolis Architects
- Suma Venkatesh, executive vice president-Real Estate & Development, The Indian Hotels Company Ltd
- Annkur Khosla, principal architect & co-Founder, Annkur Khosla Design Studio
- Vami Koticha, associate principal, sP+a (Sameep Padora & Associates)
- Minnie Bhatt, founder & design director, Minnie Bhatt Designs
- Sandeep Abraham, national head, Roca India
- Rajesh Sharma, director, GM Modular