Architect and Interiors India presents a webinar on The Business of Architecture
Leading architects will discuss current trends in the business and how best to run an architectural practice
Architect and Interiors India presents a webinar series on Designing for a New World – Post COVID-19. The third episode of the webinar series may well be the most awaited as it discusses something that has been a concern area for all architecture & design practices: The Business of Architecture. To deliberate, we bring together renowned names in the field, who will speak on the evolving trends when it comes to running their practices.
Panel Topic: The Business of Architecture
· Vivek Gupta, principal architect, Arvind Vivek and Associates
· Karl Wadia, senior associate, Architect Hafeez Contractor
· Husna Rahaman, principal creative director, Fulcrum Studio
· Supriya Thyagarajan, principal, Perkins Eastman
· Esra Aydınoğlu, architect & architectural glass product manager, SFG
Moderator – Bibhor Srivastava, group publishing director, ITP Media (India)
Points of discussion:
· Between what the client wants, what the architect knows, and what society needs, how do you resolve the conflict, if any? In the end, do business compulsions supersede societal responsibility?
· In recent times, we have seen multiple grand and ambitious projects being commissioned and executed. Are you convinced that India’s architecture is progressing in the right direction?
· Is context increasingly becoming a thing of the past? Or do the site location, its purpose and the use of local materials still factor in the country’s present architecture?
· With the current onslaught of technology, what is the approach at your practice when it comes to identifying the best materials and solutions for a project?
· One of the greatest challenges that architects face is to convey their thoughts and convince clients to execute their dream projects. Given that the number of stakeholders involved in a project has only increased, how have things changed in this respect?
· While there is enough talk of practising sustainable architecture, we find that we continue to execute projects quite thoughtlessly. The COVID-19 crisis has further underlined the need for sustainable projects. How can we course correct?
· How will projects be designed post COVID-19, keeping in mind social distancing? Will materials like glass, which are now being used extensively at airports/ hotels/ restaurants, play a role in the post COVID-19 era?
· Finally, is collaboration the way forward? Can practices pool in their expertise to shine? Or is design & build a better model, going forward?
Date: 10th June, 2020
Time: 4 pm
Don’t miss out on what promises to be an engaging discussion! Register now using the following webinar link: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/4515916065730/WN_fvaYEF5PRcqa0ZPMpmeSFw